Established in 2010, by a team of skilled veteran managers who had years of experience in the forex industry, Pepperstone has exponentially developed into being one of the largest CFD and forex brokers across the globe, with its headquarters located at Melbourne, Australia and offices in Shanghai, Dallas, Bangkok, and London.
- Pepperstone offers top platforms like MT Mobile, MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and WebTrader.
- com offers over 20 currency pairs, gold, and silver trading options.
- Pepperstone begins with a minimum deposit of $200
- It is monitored by the Financial Conduct Authority, UK, and ASIC.
- 1. FOREX TRADING OFFER : WHAT DOES PEPPERSTONE HAVE UNDER THEIR UMBRELLA
- 2. FOREX TRADING COSTS : UNDERSTANDING THE FEE STRUCTURE
- 3. ACCOUNTS : THEY HAVE AN EDGE
- 4. FOREX TRADING PLATFORMS & MOBILE TRADING: A choice of platforms
- 5. USABILITY OF THE WEBSITE: Features in depth education resources
- 6. CUSTOMER SUPPORT: REVIEW 2018
- 7. METHODS OF PAYMENT: ALL ABOUT THE FUNDS
- 8. ADDITIONAL OFFERS: Promotions and bonuses on offer
- 9. REGULATION & DEPOSIT PROTECTION: Regulated company by FCA
- 10. AWARDS: Award winning firm
- 11. PEPPERSTONE FOREX TRADING - REVIEW 2018 – THE FINAL THOUGHTS
Trader Rating Total
United Kingdom (FCA, ASIC)
Depends on account type
up to 1:30
Yes, $50,000 in demo funds
1) FOREX TRADING OFFER : WHAT DOES PEPPERSTONE HAVE UNDER THEIR UMBRELLA
Forex trading is the main highlight of the Pepperstone Forex broker. Pepperstone Forex offers more than 70 currency pairs comprising of majors like the EUR/USD and GBP/USD with spreads starting from 0.0 pips, minors as well as exotics. The maximum leverage reaches up to an impressive Forex mark of 1:30.
Covering almost every possible stage of the global economy, Pepperstone boasts excellent trade accomplishment by offering more than 13 CFDs to its clients. Also, Pepperstone has an optimised and developed technology for its institutional traders and proffers the same to its retail clients.
The minimum trade size on the ‘Precious Metals’ collection, including chattels like Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium has been set to $0.10 per pip with the maximum leverage ending at 1:10 (Gold 1:20).
The trading conditions on the Energy section comprising of Gas and Oil assets has impressive spreads starting from 0.04 and margins trade size ranging between AUD 0.81-AUD 1 and again with the maximum leverage ending at 1:10.
Apart from these two sections, Pepperstone also offers to leverage on underlying assets comprising of Dash and Litecoin-based CFDS, Bitcoin and Ethereum under the Crypto section at 1:2.
Keeping in mind the semi-regulated nature and intense irresoluteness of markets, these financial derivatives don’t actually let you purchase cryptos through Pepperstone but offer to trade the price-swings of the aforementioned assets.
- Offers more than 70 currency pairs
- Maximum leverage of 1:30
- Optimised technology for institutional traders
2.) FOREX TRADING COSTS : UNDERSTANDING THE FEE STRUCTURE
Pepperstone Forex trading offers two client friendly pricing models that include- the commission-based Razor Account which is used with either the MetaTrader (MT4) or cTrader platforms and the commission-free Standard Account that incorporates fair commissions into the existing spreads that are inherently wider and less competitive than other broker groups; the two accounts segregated on the basis of the features of the account type chosen by the user.
The Forex Broker comparison on the Razor Account spreads on the EUR/USD is comparable to its industry peers when factoring in the commission of 0.753 pips over 0.16 pips.
This adds up to a total trading cost of 0.91 pips on MT4 or 0.86 pips on cTrader which is a huge profit for the tradesmen over the competing rivals.
Pepperstone Forex broker pricing plan offers multiple options. The commissioned Razor Account points distinct choices for the cost-sensitive tradesmen. In addition to this plan, Pepperstone’s active trader program further grants added discounts on the relevant commission valuations – that totally depends on the amount deposited by the user and the demanded trading volumes. This has helped Pepperstone shove its ranking higher in the pricing section among forex brokers that purvey to right-wing active traders.
- Two client friendly pricing models
- Commission-based Razor Account
- Commission-free Standard Account
3.) ACCOUNTS : THEY HAVE AN EDGE
Pepperstonebroker accounts types include:
Edge Standard account
The entry-level account of the brokerage, the Edge Standard account demands a minimum deposit beginning at AUD 200 and is certainly the most accessible accounts offered by Pepperstone.
Edge Razor account
The commission-based Edge Razor account offers comparatively better spreads than aforementioned. The account demands a minimum deposit like the standard account beginning at AUD 200 and allows hedging, scalping, and use of EAs.
The Islamic account offered by Pepperstone is a total swap-free account that requires a minimum deposit beginning at a higher price than the previously mentioned account, that is USD 200. On a Forex pair like the EUR/USD, the Pepperstone Islamic account offers an average spread ranging from 1 pips to 1.2 pips without any kind of added commissions.
Scalping, hedging, and EAs are offered by the Islamic account as well.
Active Traders account
Aimed at institutional investors and retail traders, the Active Traders account is most efficient for those who can manage to transfer huge sums through their trades.
- Special VIP accounts and different accounts offer different services
- Recommendations for beginners and advanced brokers for choosing account type based on budget and other terms
- Account types- Edge Standard account, Edge Razor account, Islamic account and Active traders account.
4.) FOREX TRADING PLATFORMS & MOBILE TRADING: A choice of platforms
With industry staples like the MT4 and MT5 and mobile- and web traders Pepperstone brokerage features not fewer than 11 trading platforms.
An MT4-based solution with perks and features of the full brokerage version is the primary web trader of Pepperstone Forex Trading.
The full, downloadable version of the MetaTrader 4, is now available in separate versions for Mac as well as Windows. In addition to other web traders, the Windows-based solution is also offered by the cTrader suite.
MAM/PAMM platform for money handlers
Designed specifically for money managers, the MAM/PAMM accounts help tradesmen supervise multiple trading accounts and trade block orders through one master account that supports periodic client report management for all order types. The MAM/PAMM suite also provides EAs to its clients.
Equinix, a NASDAQ recognised firm in partnership with Pepperstone is accredited for the creation of the Forex trading infrastructure which was a proud mention in the Pepperstone Forex Trading – Review 2018.A chain of execution venues promoting bank trading servers located at Equinix’s high-performance data centres along with Pepperstone that is granted access to the broadest choice of low-latency interfaces plays a major role in the buying and selling of side firms and monitors the direct exchange of data with strategic partners and clients.
- 11 trading platforms
- Offers easily available downloadable versions of platforms
- Special MAMM\PAMM accounts for money handlers
5) USABILITY OF THE WEBSITE: Features in depth education resources
Pepperstone is famous for offering various educational services. The organisation’s yearly calendar alerts the trader about the upcoming events. They post news preview and market reviews regularly. They have over 50 educative articles available containing full financial vocabulary to help traders with the core understanding of the industry.
Pepperstone has recently joined hands with the trading experts Boris Schlossberg & Kathy Kiel, from BK Forex, providing weekly trading reviews to the traders and also offer regular webinars for traders.
Pepperstone offers various online tutorial videos for novices, such as the MT4 Trader Tutorial and the cTrader Tutorial.
These tutorials educate you about the in-built automatic stop out system protecting customers against critical losses.
Pepperstone offers general trading knowledge for beginners and intermediary level. Some examples are:
- Learn Forex trade: including order types, terminology, technicalities explained and broker comparison
- Trading Guides: These include advanced topics and more on Broker Comparison – Forex Comparison (learn calculation of leverage, pip, and margin) etc.
- Weekly technical lecture on Forex trading with major trades covered.
- Offers various educational services with 50 instructional articles containing full financial vocabulary.
- Tutorials for beginners.
- Offer periodic webinars for traders.
6.) CUSTOMER SUPPORT: REVIEW 2018
We have tested and found that Pepperstone provides the best customer service. They are not only quick and available but also gives you relevant answers in a very polite, patient and professional manner. Online chat is available 24 hours throughout the trading days.
After the conversation, you are asked to evaluate the chat with simple thumbs up and thumbs down button accompanied by a comment section, which is optional and therefore, makes it efficient and easy to give feedback.
Along with online chat, phone support is also available 24 hours a day. On their support page, they have clearly mentioned the addresses of their offices in Australia, Bangkok, Shanghai, etc, along with maps. They have also placed neat and easy to locate links for live chats with their customer support phone numbers for client support as well as back support. They also have a web form at the end of their customer support page with easy to fill fields for any quick queries you may have.
Lastly, the account manager in the support team is very helpful, timely, and responsive. Pepperstone’s helpful attitude was a delightful surprise.
- Quick services and full-time customer service availability
- 24 hours Online chats available throughout the trading days.
- Easy evaluation and feedback support.
7.) METHODS OF PAYMENT: ALL ABOUT THE FUNDS
Pepperstone is offering an extensive range of funding methods in multiple currencies, with almost lot funding methods being free from any fees.
Their funding options include:
- Credit / Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Skrill and more
Pepperstone doesn’t charge an additional fee on these funding methods: MasterCard, Visa, Paypal, China Union Pay, Poli, BPay, Bank Transfer, Neteller and Skrill.1.8% fee is incurred for AUD deposits and a 3% fee for all other currencies on standard Credit or Debit card.
No fee is charged for any withdrawals made via MasterCard or Visa.
For any withdrawals of the complete original deposit, PayPal will charge no fee. But if the withdrawal is above the original deposit, there will be a 3% fee by PayPal.Skrill usually charges a fixed $1USD withdrawal fee.
All bank Wire withdrawals incur a $20 USD fee if the withdrawal is international. Any withdrawals in AUD within Australia via Bank wire is charge free.
While writing this Pepperstone ForexTrading – Review 2018, it was also found that if you want to know if you’ve received a deposit by Pepperstone, you can check it by accessing your Client Area or by checking your trading account directly for the deposit.
- Extensive range of funding methods in multiple currencies.
- Free via Visa or MasterCard SecureCode
- Customers can check deposits in a hassle-free manner
8.) ADDITIONAL OFFERS: Promotions and bonuses on offer
New Pepperstone forex clients will earn 10 Qantas Points per $1 when they make their first deposit, up to a maximum of 50,000 points can be earned, if they are eligible. Along with this one-time bonus offer, getting started is also very easy.
- Open a new Pepperstone Forex Trading account
- Link a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership
- Make a deposit to earn up to 50,000 points
- Then earn an additional 10 points per lot on FX trades
Pepperstone forex is one of the best Forex Broker in the world that offers Qantas Points when clients trade Forex. With Qantas points, you can add to your frequent flyer miles. This rewards your loyalty by allowing you to travel for free.
Pepperstone’s huge growth is due to the referrals from its existing customers. For each client referral (who deposits at least $100 AUD in their account or trades at least 5 standard lots), Pepperstone will reward you with $100 AUD as a bonus. The referral program is really easy and rewarding.
If you want to know more about the referral promotion by Pepperstone, please contact their support.
- Getting started is very easy with Pepperstone
- One-time bonus offers for the first deposit by new traders
- Referral bonuses for referring to new customers
9.) REGULATION & DEPOSIT PROTECTION: Regulated company by FCA
Pepperstoneworks as two legal entities as explained here:
Pepperstone Group Limited:
- AFSL holder, ASIC regulated
- Services accounts opened outside the EEA and UK
- Regulated by FCA
- Services EEA and UK Accounts
- FSCS assurance for a maximum of 50,000 GBP per individual.
Pepperstone Limited is authorised by the FCA, which is the UK administrative body. While trading from EEA or the UK, your funds are held in isolated accounts in Barclays Bank. The broker company is protected by the FSCS.
The Pepperstone Group Limited gets supervised by the ASIC and holds a legal Australian Financial Services License. This gives the company a strong legal standing and builds trust among the clients.
Pepperstone Group Limited is reviewed consistently under firm standards of the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) without any coverage of financial compensation, and is audited by Ernst & Young, the autonomous auditing organisation. The accounts opened from Pepperstone Group Limited are held in the National Australian Bank. The funds are stored in different accounts in the bank.
- Serves under two legal entities: Pepperstone Limited and Pepperstone Group Limited
- Provides an in-depth stringent review of customer activities.
- Allows comfort in business security.
10.) AWARDS: Award winning firm
Pepperstone maintained the streak of winning the “Investment Trends Award” based on Australia’s FX report 2017 for leading in the following categories:
- Customer Service
- Value for Money
- Risk Management
- Education Materials
- Fund Withdrawal
Also, the broker was the winner of “Governor of Victoria Export Awards” for the following categories-Exporter of the Year and Digital Technologies Award.
Awarded the “Australian Growth Company Award” for the following categories-Growth Company of the Year and Financial Services Growth Company of the Year.
In 2016, it was the winner of the “Investment Trends Award” based on Australia’s FX report 2016 for the following categories:
- Overall client satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Execution speed
- Value for Money
2015- Awarded the “Investment Trends Award” based on Australia’s FX report 2015 for Overall Client Satisfaction.
2014 awards include:
- 2014 Australian EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
- The “fastest growing company in Australia” by the BRW Magazine
- Winner of “Governor of Victoria Export Awards 2014”
- #1 Rising Company for Deloitte 2013 Technology Fast 50 Award.
- Pepperstone Razor Account, in the list of “Smart 100” by the Anthill Magazine.
- Pepperstone, among the top 100 “fastest growing company in Australia” by the BRW Magazine.
Pepperstone was also the best ECN broker in 2012.
- Winner of "Investment Trends Award" based on Australia's FX report.
- Winner of "Governor of Victoria Export Awards".
- Australian EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
PEPPERSTONE FOREX TRADING - REVIEW 2018 – THE FINAL THOUGHTS
As almost 90 instruments are accessible for trading by Pepperstone, its niche offering is primarily for the individuals who rely on CFD and forex markets. Pepperstone’s administrative umbrella incorporates the UK’s FCA and Australia’s ASIC license, which helps win clients’ trust.
Pepperstone provides well to brokers and advanced traders with its highly competitive Razor accounts along with active trader offerings. In addition, it also supports unique algorithmic trading on different platforms from Spotware Systems and MetaQuotes Software Corp. This helps clients trade on the platform of their choice.
Thinking about the minimum deposit, a range of account types and platforms, Pepperstone provides well to a wide range of traders who mainly focus on forex, irrespective of the level
- Refer-A-Friend Promotional offer for existing customers and one-time bonus offer from new customers
- Extensive Customer support
- Multiple tools available for trading
- Safe and secured (Regulated by ASIC)
- Educational Videos and content to educate customers
- Focuses mainly on Forex and CFDs
- Limited product portfolio
- Online Tutorial videos lacks complete information