Calamatta Cuschieri (CC) is a Maltese financial services firm that was established back in 1972. The firm has helped to shape the financial services industry in Malta and around the world with their innovative financial services. Such services include independent investment advice, investment management services, live online trading, fund services, and more. For the sake of this review, we focus on Calamatta Cashier’s stock brokerage online trading services.
- sits in Malta Europa Business Centre
- Category 3 licence regulated by MFSA
- Lots of instruments, >38 stock exchanges
- broker with impeccable reputation
- 1. 1) Futures Broker Trading Offer: Trade a Diversified Range of Tradeable Instruments
- 2. 2) Stock Exchanges & Trading Centres: Over 38 International Stock Exchanges
- 3. 3) Trading Conditions: Competitive Fees and Commissions
- 4. 4) Trading Platform: All in One Trading Platform
- 5. 5) Usability of the Website: Intuitively Designed & Easy to Use
- 6. 6) Customer Support: Phenomenal Customer Care & Support
- 7. 7) Methods of Payment: Limited Number of Options
- 8. 8) Additional Offers: Educational Resources & More
- 9. 9) Regulation & Deposit Protection: Highly Regulated
- 10. 10) Awards: Highly Reputable & Award-Winning Trading Broker
- 11. Conclusion: A Competent & Reliable Online Trading Broker
Trader Rating Total
1) Futures Broker Trading Offer: Trade a Diversified Range of Tradeable Instruments
In our Calamatta Cuschieri stock broker review you will discover everything this lucrative broker has to offer. For instance, the CC stock trading brokerage offers traders a diversified portfolio with a wide range of tradeable instruments. Such instruments include hundreds of Equity Stocks from the world’s leading markets, over 2000 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Exchange Traded Commodities (ETCs), thousands of Government Bonds, and access to over 9000 funds. As well, CC clients can open a reliable and tax efficient savings plan that compounds interest over time. Therefore, traders at Calamatta Cuschieri benefit from a wide range of investment services from trading stocks to saving their earnings with growing interest over time.
As well, Calamatta Cuschieri offers their clients three different types of accounts to choose from; a Personal Trade Essential Account, Corporate and Trust Accounts, as well as Broker Accounts. Therefore, traders have an account type to suit their personal trading and investment needs.
- Access to thousands of tradeable instruments across the global financial markets.
- Choose from three main types of accounts; Personal, Corporate & Trust, and Broker accounts.
- A lucrative savings plan is available with compounding interest to grow your funds over time.
2) Stock Exchanges & Trading Centres: Over 38 International Stock Exchanges
The Calamatta Cuschieri stock trading brokerage supports thousands of tradeable instruments available on over 38 international stock exchanges that span across the US, Canadian, European, Asian and African financial markets. See below, the complete list of stock exchanges supported.
- Amsterdam Euronext (AMS)
- Athens Exchange (AT)
- Brussels Euronext (BRU)
- Copenhagen OMX (CSE)
- Frankfurt/Xetra Stock Exchange (FSE)
- Frankfurt/Xetra Stock Exchange (FTT)
- Helsinki OMX (HSE)
- Ireland (DUB)
- Lisbon Euronext (LISB)
- London International Exchange (IOB)
- Vienna Stock Exchange (VIE)
- Swiss Virt-X (VX)
- Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE)
- London Stock Exchange SETS Market (LSE SETS)
- London Stock Exchange SEAQ Market
- Malta Stock Exchange (MSE)
- Malta Stock Exchange (MSE)
- Milan Stock Exchange (MIL)
- Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE)
- Paris Euronext (PAR)
- Prague Stock Exchange (SIBE)
- Spanish Stock Exchange (SIBE)
- Stockholm OMX (SSE) SEK 90 12%
- Swiss Exchange (SWX)
- American Exchange (AMEX)
- Nasdaq (NASDAQ)
- New York Exchange (NYSE)
- US OTC Markets (OOTC, OTCBB & Pink Sheets)
- Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE)
- TSX Venture Exchange (TSX)
Asia, Pacific, Africa
- Australian Stock Exchange Ltd. (ASX)
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX)
- Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)
- Singapore Exchange (SGX-ST)
- Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO)
- Custody on stocks
As you can see from the extent of markets listed above, the Calamatta Cuschieri stock brokerage offers their clients a global range of selection when it comes to tradeable instruments.
- Over 38 international stock exchanges.
- Exchanges from Europe, North America, Asia, Pacific, and Africa.
- Trade on the world’s leading financial markets.
3) Trading Conditions: Competitive Fees and Commissions
During our review of Calamatta Cuschieri, we discovered that the brokerage offers traders a low cost and transparent fee structure. The rates offered are very easy to understand and transparent with the full fee structure laid out for your viewing on the Calamatta Cuschieri website. US market trades start from $9.99 USD per trade, European market trades start from €9.99 EUR per trade, and trades on the London Stock Exchange start from £ 7.50 GBP per trade. As for offline stock rates, they start from 0.70% with a typical charge of €30 EUR per trade for smaller trades.
As for account or platform fees, there are none. CC clients are not charged any monthly or annual fee for investments they hold. Also, CC clients are not charged any extra fees for dividends or corporate actions on international shares. The fee structure is transparent with no hidden fees. All in all, the fees and commissions imposed on traders at Calamatta Cuschieri are very low and competitive with the industry standards. Therefore, Calamatta Cuschieri provides their clients with favourable trading conditions.
- Low, competitive, and transparent fees with no hidden costs.
- Trade stocks from as low as $9.99 USD per share.
- Favourable trading conditions.
4) Trading Platform: All in One Trading Platform
Our review of Calamatta Cuschieri was very in-depth and we tested out their proprietary web-based trading platform extensively. We can confidently say that their CCTrader online trading platform is of premium quality the supports all of the tools and features needed to trade successfully. The platform is intuitively designed, making it very easy to use for both beginners and experienced traders. As well, the platform is very responsive with lightning fast execution speeds for a variety of order types including stop loss orders, conditional orders, limit orders, and more. What’s even more impressive, is that the platform flawlessly supports the trading of Bonds, Shares, ETFs, Funds or Treasury Bills listed on nearly any exchange in the world.
Traders can view real time market data for all the assets listed on all the exchanges supported at Calamatta Cuschieri. Advanced charting capabilities allow traders to extensively analyse these assets as well. Therefore, the CCTrader online trading platform is highly sophisticated in order to support this among of action. Additional features supported by the CCTrader platform include the customizable watchlists, the integration of market moving news, and trading blogs. Also, traders can view all of their investments and savings in one screen, live.
- Intuitively designed platform to accommodate all traders.
- Multiple order types supported.
- Lightning fast execution and access to real time market data.
5) Usability of the Website: Intuitively Designed & Easy to Use
During our Calamatta Cuschieri brokerage review we spent a great amount of time navigating their website. The website is easy to use and simply designed, allowing users to easily find whatever they’re looking for. At the very top of the website users will find the “About Us” and “Contact Us” pages in the top right corner. The main header menu is located below this in the middle of the page and features 4 drop-down menus that will lead the user to all important sections of the website. The website features a great deal of information regarding the services they offer and do a good job at explaining exactly what they offer with as little text as possible.
The websites overall design is very easy on the eyes as the primary colours used on the site are white, grey, and blue. The website is not as up to date in terms of looks and design as some newer online trading brokerages, but it is very complete and easy to navigate. Compared with some other best stock brokers, the Calamatta Cuschieri website is far more in-depth in terms of information.
- Very informative and complete website.
- Intuitively designed to allow for easy navigation.
- Easy on the eyes by utilizing good colour choices.
6) Customer Support: Phenomenal Customer Care & Support
Is Calamatta Cuschieri good in terms of their customer support? The answer to this is no, they are phenomenal. CC clients can reach support representatives Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 18:30 and on Saturday from 9:00 – 13:00. Support representatives can be reached via telephone, fax, email, postal mail, and live chat. Support reps are generally very quick to respond and are professional and informative with their responses.
Additional methods of customer support include reaching out to the various Calamatta Cuschieri social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. The brokerage maintains an active presence on all of these social media channels and will actively interact with other users. Another method of support available to customers is the extensive FAQ page. Here, traders will find the answers to a wide variety of questions which have been organized in categories. All in all, the level of customer care and support at Calamatta Cuschieri is of excellent quality.
- Contact support representatives via telephone, fax, email, postal mail, live chat, and through social media.
- Support reps are quick to respond with professional and informative responses.
- Traders have access to an extensive FAQ page that is very well organized.
7) Methods of Payment: Limited Number of Options
Calamatta Cuschieri clients only have two payment methods available for depositing and withdrawing funds to and from their Calamatta Cuschieri brokerage account. The payment methods available are Direct Bank Transfers and Cheque deposits. Traders can deposit funds to their account in any currency they choose at no extra charge. However, when withdrawing, funds must be withdrawn in the Euro (EUR), US Dollar (USD), or the British Pound (GBP) or their will be a currency exchange fee.
All Direct Bank Transfer deposits and withdrawals are free of charge and are completed instantly if the deposit is made by any of the following banks; Bank of Valletta plc, HSBC Bank Malta plc, APS Bank, Banif Bank Malta, Mediterranean Bank plc, and Sparkasse Bank Malta. Direct Bank Transfers made by a bank other than the ones listed above are not instant but are still free for deposits and come with a fee for withdrawals. As for Check deposits and withdrawals, they are accredited to the account on the same day as received and are free of charge.
- Only two payment methods for deposits and withdrawals, Direct Bank Transfer and Cheque.
- Instant deposits and withdrawals if completed by a partnered bank.
- All deposits are free of charge and withdrawals can be too.
8) Additional Offers: Educational Resources & More
Our review of Calamatta Cuschieri showed us that this online trading brokerage has a lot to offer in terms of additional services. For instance, traders have access to a comprehensive education centre that comes complete with tons of educational resources. For instance, traders have access to educational articles, educational videos, a trading glossary, live seminars, and more. The educational material covered in these resources is quite extensive and beneficial to all levels of traders.
More additional offers include an insightful Calamatta Cuschieri blog where traders can catch up on the latest market moving news and learn more about the financial trading industry. Also, traders have access to specialized market research teams that provide specific research available to traders on a daily basis. The research teams are very well connected and have access to the largest research firms worldwide.
Calamatta Cuschieri also features various financial savings tools to better help traders and investors save the money they earn. Clients have access to a savings calculator, a goal planner, a budget planner, and numerous other resources dedicated to saving money.
- Comprehensive educational resources.
- Extensive market moving news resources and trader insights.
- Savings plan tools and resources.
9) Regulation & Deposit Protection: Highly Regulated
The Calamatta Cuschieri stock trading brokerage is a very well-respected and highly reputable online trading brokerage as they have been competently serving the global financial markets since 1972. As well, Calamatta Cuschieri is licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) with a category 3 license. This licensing and regulation ensure that the brokerage operates in a safe, secure, fair, and transparent manner in order to provide reliable online trading services. Calamatta Cuschieri follows the strict rules and guidelines imposed on them by the MFSA.
Also, Calamatta Cuschieri is a member of the Investors Compensation Scheme which insures client funds against fraudulent practices and loss of funds due to broker insolvency. The brokerage also employs the latest and greatest security measures to ensure the protection of their client’s personal information and funds. Such security technology includes advanced SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology on all transmitted data. Also, client funds are help in secure and segregated Tier-1 bank accounts. Therefore, traders at Calamatta Cuschieri can rest assured they are dealing with a reliable, secure, and transparent online trading brokerage.
- Calamatta Cuschieri holds a category 3 licence that is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
- A member of the Investors Compensation Scheme.
- Calamatta Cuschieri utilizes the latest security and encryption technologies.
10) Awards: Highly Reputable & Award-Winning Trading Broker
The Calamatta Cuschieri stock trading brokerage is an award-winning financial services firm that has received numerous awards and recognition from notable financial publishing agencies around the world. The brokerage is known for their impeccable reputation in offering reliable online trading services and have won numerous awards for their CCTrader online trading platform. Calamatta Cuschieri was established in 1972 and has helped to shape the Malta financial services industry in a variety of ways. The stock brokerages most notable awards are for their extensive tradeable instrument offering of thousands of tradeable assets across over 38 international exchanges. Calamatta Cuschieri has also been awarded for their excellent level of care through their customer service and educational resources. All in all, Calamatta Cuschieri is known to be a pioneer in the financial services industry and consistently builds upon decades of hard work.
When compared to many other best stock brokers, Calamatta Cuschieri leads the way in terms of reputation and award-winning services. See for yourselves on our stock brokers comparison page where you can view all aspects of the best stock brokers.
- A pioneer in the financial trading industry.
- Highly awarded for their level of customer care and support resources.
- An award winning CCTrader online trading platform.
Conclusion: A Competent & Reliable Online Trading Broker
Our review of Calamatta Cuschieri has shown us the quality and extent of services this lucrative stock brokerage has to offer. The brokerage features an extensive array of tradeable instruments across over 38 global financial markets. Traders have access to multiple different account types to suit their individual trading needs and get to trade on an exclusive all in one online trading platform. The fees and commissions imposed on Calamatta Cuschieri traders are quite favourable and competitive with the industry standards. Also, traders benefit from a secure and reliable online trading environment because the brokerage is licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). All in all, if you’re a trader looking for a diverse and competent online trading brokerage with years of experience in the financial services industry, then Calamatta Cuschieri could be the broker for you.
- Calamatta Cuschieri holds a category 3 licence that is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
- Trade thousands of tradeable instruments over 38 international stock exchanges.
- Calamatta Cuschieri is a very well-established trading brokerage with an impeccable reputation.
- Only Bank transfer