AskTraders Trading Community

How is Amazon.com's cloud business doing and to what extent is it contributing to the firm’s revenues?

Leon Mathias

Question

6 answers to this question

With more and more companies moving to the cloud to outsource their computing requirements, Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) has emerged as a leader in the basic cloud computing space due to its scale of operations. The achievement is largely due to Amazon outspending its rivals in building data centres and an incredible ecosystem comprising of servers, storage, networking and other hardware to support firms with the raw computing components for a variety of needs, which would otherwise cost them a fortune to run it from an in-house data centre. The move is paying off for Amazon with the company reporting annual revenue of $15.5bn from its Amazon Web Services (AWS), constituting about half of its $32.4bn in total revenues. In terms of market share, AWS has expanded to capture about 27% of the total market with Microsoft Corp. coming a distant second at 15%. In a bid to meet the rising demand from businesses looking to deploy advanced capabilities including data analytics and artificial intelligence, Amazon is expanding its network of data centres in the Middle East, Italy, Indonesia and South Africa by scaling its availability zones across the twenty-plus geographical regions where it currently operates. With revenues from the global cloud computing infrastructure market expected to jump three-fold in the next three years, Amazon is well placed to continue being the most dominant player in the industry.

11 hours ago, Mira Kirkwood said:

It only makes sense that Amazon is taking over all the promising and innovating sectors of the technological world. It's part of a greedy strategy without an end and it's sad that people can not see it. They have the money and the power to do whatever they feel like at this point.

In contrast, a small business like mine needs to do all it can to cut its costs and work as effectively as it can. I started using recently https://tracktime24.com in an attempt to cut down on overtime and control my employees easier as my hr is 2 people.

I think Amazon deserves its success because we now see it as a titan of business, but it all started with an idea, poverty, and man's perseverance. Most of all, at Amazon, I like the strategies they have to earn their income and outperform their competitors. Selling on Amazon is all about risk management, which is why one of the top sales strategies is to start with a small inventory and scale-up based on which items are most successful. Start with a few things that your research has shown will likely do well, build up your reputation, and test out more items gradually. I know that Amazon has many subsidiaries all over the world.

A lot of people has invested in crypto and lost a lot of money including my self. In 2023 I lost 190,000 USD by trading with fake brokers and making by investment choices, however Cryptocurrency trading has been really simplified in 2024. If you want to earn big money in trading visit ‘primecryptomarket.c_o_m’. My husband has just withdrawn his profit of 428,000 GBP without any stress. They process withdrawals with easy. 

Have you ever tried to trade and failed? I recommend you to try primecryptomarket.c-o-m” this is the only trading site I can vouch for. They have really good AI trading bots. I have made over 700, 000 USD on their platform and I have withdrawn 15 times with ease.