AskTraders Trading Community

Is the Euro headed for a fall?

Guest Sam Bouman

Question

1 answer to this question

It seems that the Euro is facing an uphill battle to find any strength at the moment with the current climate within the economy struggling to find any sort of a respite.

With flagging inflation numbers and low manufacturing numbers coming out of Germany (its biggest economy) these concerns are not even the most pressing as there are so many problems currently engulfing the bloc.

If we look at Brexit which seems never ending, the escalating Italy budget situation, a breakdown in talks with Switzerland on a new treaty and potential tariffs on the auto industry from the US then we can see some rather large problems for the EU and Euro as a currency.

With this it is my prediction that we will see the Euro drop further this week after an initial up move last week on Monday it fell sharply on Tuesday and is heading back towards the 1.11 level. I believe that next week the currency will hang around the 1.11 level.

Unless the economic conditions and macro conditions can improve for the Euro i see a real possibility that we could see it reach 1.10 very soon.