Sign in to follow this  
Nick Robinson

Did Visa invest a cryptocurrency startup?

Question

2 answers to this question

Yes, Visa has invested in crypto startup Anchorage. The investment, which is the second the financial services giant has made in cryptocurrency-related projects, is worth $40m.

Visa is not the only company that has invested in this startup. Besides Visa, the reports say that Blockchain Capital was also involved in the funding round. The Anchorage startup previously raised $17m in an investment led by Andreessen Horowitz. The valuations of the investments from this new funding round have not been disclosed yet.

The proceedings will help Anchorage’s mission to provide an “alternative to cold storage-based institutional custodies to ensure the security of customers’ assets.”

As was revealed on 18th June, both Visa and Anchorage played a part in founding Facebook’s cryptocurrency project Libra.

Thanks for your reply. It was fascinating to know. Indeed, it is essential to get support from such a big giant. When the amount needed for a startup includes such serious numbers, they probably developed something very cool. I'm also working on a new startup, and I worry a lot if I find sponsors. So I ordered on https://sturppy.com/models/financial-model-for-saas a saas financial model for planning created strictly for subscription businesses. I approached the business plan and preliminary calculation very responsibly, and therefore I attracted professionals to help. Of course, my project is not so ambitious, but I hope it will be a success.

Edited by Lane Manu