AskTraders Trading Community

Why are mortgage rates in the US sliding?

John Naronha

Question

2 answers to this question

The data on weekly home loan rates in the US has been falling for the last four weeks with the popular 30-year fixed rate mortgage averaging 4.06 percent last week, the lowest it has been in two months. Likewise, the 15-year fixed rate mortgage also slipped two basis points to 3.51 percent while the 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage edged higher by two basis points to 3.68 percent. The financial market turmoil, led by escalating trade tensions between Washington and China, has suppressed domestic growth and slashed demand for home purchases among households, with the monthly sales data of previously owned homes reported by the National Association of Realtors rising only once this year. Based on a household survey carried out by Freedom Debt Relief, some of the biggest hurdles to home buying include facilitating the upfront fee, commitment towards monthly payments on home loans, lack of homes that match the needs of consumers and economic uncertainty. However, on the brighter side, the Mortgage Bankers Association said that refinances rose 8-percent in the week ending May 23rd, the highest in about a month, and anticipates potential homebuyers could be delaying their purchase due to market uncertainty.    

This article suggests certain thoughts that I often visited last year when I was planning to take out a mortgage for 5 years and doubted, because a few more details were unclear to me. it was then that my sister told me about Mortgage Advice Manchester, which helped her settle several problems a few years ago. It seems to me that this is where you can find a solution, because a good expert consultation can be very necessary at such times. i advise you to also contact and hear a few recommendations. Try this https://www.Manchestermoneyman.com

Edited by Elvie Giernoth