AskTraders Trading Community

Aurora Cannabis

Lawrence McOchillo

Question

4 answers to this question

Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian weed company, is in financial troubles largely due to the inflated acquisitions made in previous years. The company announced last week that it was booking about C$1 billion in goodwill and asset-impairment charges in its latest quarterly earnings report. The latest announcement also saw the company fire 500 employees including the CEO, Terry Booth, who was also its co-founder.

The Cannabis sector has been in a bear market as evidenced by ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF, which has fallen 55% over the past year. Aurora's  stock has also shed 80% of its value over the same period, which has compounded the company's financial problems. The firm also forecast lower sales figures for fiscal Q3 indicating that its troubles are far from over.

Perhaps this is due to a decrease in the quality of the products that they put on the market. I read that many manufacturers speak negatively about them and refuse their orders. Due to the growing popularity of cannabis, more and more profitable offers appear on the market that attract the consumer. 

• Like 1

Very interesting info, thanks for sharing. Generally speaking I like everything related to cannabis and even many people consider it something harmful and bad, I think that using it with balance, no problem will appear. For example did you know about Brainstorm Magic Boom Bar witch is vibing with psilocybin? These are so tasteful and truly, you won’t find better tasting edibles in the Canadian market. I consume it very often and it gives me a very good vibe. If you want more info about it I can put here the site I order from https://getkush.io/product/brainstorm-boom-psilocybin/

Edited by Louise Carrion

Once upon a time I thought about running my own cannabis store in San Diego, but gave up with dat idea. Some guys from marketing field showed me the cost of advertising campaigns and seo promotion fees 😭😭🤢

The competition in cannabis retailing is really high nowadays, so I wouldn't recommend anyone to start this business.

• Like 1