AskTraders Trading Community

Ripple long-term outlook

Lawrence McOchillo

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Lawrence. I have to firstly admit that I am no Ripple or even crypto expert. However, many traders who I respect and follow have been talking about the coin for a while and are holding positions in it (or so they say).

A lot of people seem to be expecting its rise, but as a contrarian that always makes me question the legitimacy of the moves (considering the majority of traders fail).

However, the fundamentals do really look good, and I am tempted to invest myself. So while I can't give you a definite yes or no answer, I would say maybe invest a little!

Well, Ripple (XRP/USD) is one of the most versatile blockchain projects available given its varied uses in the financial services sector as evidenced by the hundreds of institutions using Ripple's platform. The Ripple platform had over 110 banks as clients in October 2019, which shows how popular the project is among mainstream financial services firms.

The above qualities make Ripple a very attractive long-term investment given the fact that the platform has more practical uses than even Bitcoin. Ripple's price is also very attractive given that it is currently trading at less than a dollar, which means that you can buy more units of Ripple than other major cryptos.

However, you have to be patient with long-term crypto investments as you may have to sustain major drawdowns for long periods. You could combine your long-term crypto investments with smart speculations to hedge your positions and generate cashflow from short-term price fluctuations.