AskTraders Trading Community

Day Trading newcomer

Mohammed Abdullah

Question

3 answers to this question

Trading in the stock market is a zero-sum game. And day trading is one of the most difficult styles. It demands a tested strategy, screen time, and your pre-market research to become profitable. 

If your style is missing these things, it would be difficult for you to be in net profit.

A trader is as good as his strategy and his emotional control to follow it. 

The success of a strategy is defined by its risk to reward ratio, and its probability. No strategy can get you every trade profitable, but a good strategy would get you in net profit as you trade. 

So focus on learning, and observing charts. Then go for a strategy. Backtest it. And then take trades according it your strategy.

To learn more about day trading, you can check out this post. 

Hi Mohammed. I hate to break it to you but 0.

Many people seem to believe that they can get into trading and double and triple their account within a few months but this isn't the case. 

And even if you do somehow manage to do that, you can be sure you will blow it all soon enough. I would suggest you learn as much as possible first and use it to supplement your income. the majority of traders I know are not profitable for at least 3 years before they are able to profit consistently.

Unfortunately with these so called 'trading gurus' out their now nowadays who themselves are not profitable, it has made people believe they can become rich immediately through trading. 

One thing I would ask you to do because I'm sure you won't believe a random stranger online, is to have a look at the worlds top hedge funds and see what their yearly returns are. These are run by some of the top traders in the world, so it should make you think why you think you can beat their returns so easily without having at least a few years in the industry.

Have you tried trading cryptocurrency and got scammed, look no further, visit ‘primecryptomarket. c-o=m’, they provide the best trading system in 2024, my family has made 420 thousand Pounds on their website last year. They have the best trading bots you can find in the investment market.