AskTraders Trading Community

Coronavirus efects

Ali Farhad

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Ali, I am a bit late to this question and just noticed it but thought it may still be a good idea to answer. We have seen a massive impact on markets but I still think there is more to come. We have started to see the economical impacts on companies in their Q1 earnings reports. In my opinion we will see another fall. When that will come I dont know, but the impact of the virus on global economies seems to be too large for us to simply see a "v shaped recovery". I also believe in the short term that the U.S. shale company Q1 earning reports will have an impact in the near term. I believe many of them are announcing their earnings this week.

Hello Ali,

China has recently published a higher-than-expected economic growth rate for Q2, making it the first country to recover from coronavirus blows.

The economy in China advanced 3.2% in the second quarter, after a record decline in Q1 when the country took a huge hit from the pandemic.

Referring to the Chinese economy, Deutsche Bank said in a note that the V-shaped recovery is largely completed, with sectors such as travel, dining and leisure will take some more time to recuperate. 

"Consumer spending is still below its pre-COVID path, but the remaining gap is largely concentrated in a few sectors - travel, dining, leisure services-- where rapid recovery is unlikely," the bank said.