AskTraders Trading Community

Crypto sell-off

Peter Kimani

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Peter, the short answer to this question is that cryptocurrencies are still a very young asset class to be put in any one category given that they have been around for the last 10 years. Cryptos as an asset class have not been through a sustained market downturn similar to the 2008 financial crisis for their true value to be tested. Therefore, it is quite hard to classify them in the same way we would stocks, bonds, commodities and real estate.

However, I strongly believe that this is the wrong question for most investors whose goal is to protect their investment portfolios or to make money either holding or trading cryptos. If you fall in the category of protecting your investment portfolio, I think you should allocate a small portion of your overall portfolio to cryptos because of their high volatility.

However, if you want to make money buying and selling cryptos, I would advise adopting a technical approach to analysing the prices of most cryptos and then taking short-term positions in select cryptos. As a beginner trader, I would advise that you start with small positions to gain experience trading cryptos.

A lot of people has invested in crypto and lost a lot of money including my self. In 2023 I lost 190,000 USD by trading with fake brokers and making by investment choices, however Cryptocurrency trading has been really simplified in 2024. If you want to earn big money in trading visit ‘primecryptomarket.c_o_m’. My husband has just withdrawn his profit of 428,000 GBP without any stress. They process withdrawals with easy.