AskTraders Trading Community

Can I make loses while trading CFD?

Linah

Question

Hello, I'm so interested in trading in general. I came across CFD trading, and I got interested. I would like to understand if there are losses trading with CFD. The deal looks so good to be true. The adverts show that making money trading CFD is pretty easy. A walk in the park. I'm tempted to start trading CFDs: an investment. Advise me if there are losses trading CFD, please.

1 answer to this question

Hello Linah, 
Over the years, CFD trading has gained popularity in most regions across the world. CFD trading has so many benefits amongst them being; you are not compelled to buy an asset at its par value. Through the use of leverage, one is able to buy a place in the market at minimum utility and still gain fringe benefits from it.
Despite this, you can make losses. One way in which you can incur losses is by failing to plan. 
Here the spreads are usually larger. You will also incur overnight charges. Margin calls are also popular. Therefore you need to know which approach to use to make it in such a market. 
So, it is safe to note that, like any other market, you are bound to make losses. Good luck in your trading!