AskTraders Trading Community

Other than Bitcoin, what other cryptocurrencies are important?

Jovan

Question

The world has embraced the use of bitcoins, a popular cryptocurrency, as a payment method. The value of bitcoin has been increasing, making it a very important cryptocurrency. I'm planning to invest in cryptocurrency, but I'm not sure if I just want to invest in one. I would like to explore my options. Are there other important cryptocurrencies that I can consider when investing?

• Thanks 1

1 answer to this question

Hello Jovan, 
Bitcoin is the most popularly known cryptocurrency that has set the pace for others. It has inspired the emergence of other cryptocurrencies and the growth of this sector.
Although it continues to be the best cryptocurrencies due to its popularity, others are significantly following closely towards it.
One of the best alternatives to Bitcoin is Ethereum (ETH). ETH being a decentralized platform, it warrants smart contracts to be established and gone through without distraction from a third force or even fraud.
Ripple is another good option from Bitcoin. It usually permits its user to send simultaneous payments all over the world and across the web; through this, it helps the economy to grow.
Also, Litecoin, which allows immediate payment for its users across the world, is another excellent option for Bitcoin. 
These are a few options that you can use other than Bitcoin, and as the economy grows, more cryptocurrencies keep emerging.