AskTraders Trading Community

What is going long in CFD trading?

Carlyn

Question

Hello, I have recently started to trade CFDs. I have a mere experience in CFD trading, but I hope to build vast experience after a while. When trading, I see there is going long in CFD trading. I don't quite understand what this really means. Explain to me what this really means in CFD trading.

1 answer to this question

Hello Carlyn, 
CFD trading gives you an opportunity to gamble on when the market prices will go up or down. And through this, you can decide on what step you will take. You can either go short or long. Let's look at what will happen when you decide on the latter.
Going long simply means that you will buy a CFD place in the market so that you can gain when the prices in the shares increase. As stated before, you are just hoping that the value of a certain asset is going to increase, and if it does, then you will make a profit.
A good thing with going long is that you need not have enough amount of money in order to purchase the asset that you are dealing with.
However, you need to carefully study the market to avoid making a loss when you decide to make this decision.