Sign in to follow this  
Cedric M

What are the disadvantages of mining cryptocurrencies?

Question

1 answer to this question

Hello Cedric,

Making money while dealing with cryptocurrencies is the motivating factor for many investors. Therefore, they have to keep mining no matter how hard this may seem.
Cryptocurrency mining also comes with some cons that any investor needs to be keen on.
Mining cryptocurrencies is complicated. First, you need to have various tools to mine. Getting these tools is not a walk in the park, so is learning how to use them.
The mining cryptocurrency consumes a lot of energy; therefore, you need to be ready to have a huge electricity bill.
If you choose to mine cryptos using hardware, you need to go for the best option, and the best is freaking expensive. You can choose to do cloud mining to escape this cost.
In crypto mining, you are at risk of losing money. The cryptocurrency industry is highly volatile. Therefore if the prices of a cryptocurrency fall, it will equally affect its mining, and so will the profits. 
Mining cryptocurrencies exposes you to fraudsters who will rip you off your coins. More so, if you use cloud mining to mine your cryptos.
For these reasons, there is a chance that what you will get from crypto mining is less than what you invest.