AskTraders Trading Community

Should I be buying out of the money options?

Paul Beck

Question

3 answers to this question

The answer to this question to a large extent depends on whose money you’re using. There is a long exchanged anecdote about a professional/institutional trader buying out of the money options – it’s one that relates more to the remuneration structure at City investment firms but is a valid enough means of explaining why you might want to. Take trader A. It’s December, she’s met all of her trading targets for the year, her performance related bonus has been agreed and signed off and will hit her bank account in March. Whilst treading water in the Christmas markets and waiting for the new trading year to start in January she makes a profit on a few small trades. The old story goes that rather than waiting for the P&L to be posted to the previous year (that she’s already had performance related bonuses agreed on) she instead buys some long dated, out of the money options that might, just might, make a profit in the next trading year. Looking at the FTSE Index options market with Dec 2019 expiry. Underlying Index is trading somewhere around 7100. Buying puts with a Strike Price of 5000 costs a premium of 24.7 and buying calls at 8,100 strike costs 35.7

If you want to invest and earn profit in crypto, do not hesitate to visit primecryptomarket.com , i was first introduced to this platform by a colleague, since then i have made 309,650 USD, and I constantly make withdrawals so i strongly recommend it to anyone.

A lot of people has invested in crypto and lost a lot of money including my self. In 2023 I lost 190,000 USD by trading with fake brokers and making by investment choices, however Cryptocurrency trading has been really simplified in 2024. If you want to earn big money in trading visit ‘primecryptomarket.c_o_m’. My husband has just withdrawn his profit of 428,000 GBP without any stress. They process withdrawals with easy.