AskTraders Trading Community

Similarities between a Robo-Advisor and a Financial Advisor.

Milan

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Milan,

Despite the differences that exist between a Robo-Advisor and a financial Advisor, there are similarities between the two.  First, both advisors work towards achieving the objectives of the client. The Robo-Advisors receives the client's objective and goals from the online survey filled when hiring a Robo-Advisor. Financial advisors collect information from the client when they meet. As a client, you are encouraged to talk about your goals and objectives so that the advisor can tailor your advice accordingly.
Additionally, both advisors focus on long-term financial investment. A financial advisor focuses on retirement opportunities that you can invest in. The financial advisers wish that you spend your finance accordingly to ensure that you still have money post-retirement. The advice entails systematic short-term and long-term goals. Similarly, Robo-Advisors want you to meet your long-term goals. The use of Portfolio Management Theory and tax-loss harvesting ensures that the decision-making process ensures that you grow your investment in a short period to prepare for long term objectives.
Finally, both advisors are interested in your financial well-being. A Robo-Advisor wishes to generate wealth for you through sound investments. The investment techniques used to aim at improving the wealth of the client. A financial advisor wants to improve your overall economic life. A financial advisor focuses on general financial decisions and is not limited to investment. A financial advisor advises you how to invest, save, and plan by making sound financial decisions daily.
Overall, financial advisors and Robo-Advisors help you generate more wealth through investment and financial management. The insight offered by both investors is handy when it comes to the growth of investments and saving. Furthermore, both investors can be used when needed and are not mandatory. Similarly, you can seize paying for a Robo-investor to how you can stop employing the services of a human, financial advisor.

Very interesting aspect when it comes to whom you want to trade for you, if you can't do it for yourself. To me a financial advisor remind me of a family office that runs together in order to turn your assets more profitable. A robot advisor on the other hand it's just an automated script that runs based on the parameters that you have set. So for me, it's much better to trade with a financial advisor as I'm not that experienced at the moment. I gave my account to this incredible team that is a family and they have grown exponentially over the last six months with great results.

Edited by Mira Kirkwood