AskTraders Trading Community

Please Explain Spread-betting vs CFD’s

Lawrence McOchillo

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Lawrence

When it comes to CFD and spread-betting they are very much alike but with one main difference.

The first is the difference in the taxes paid on any potential profits made. There is no stamp duty to be paid on either of the accounts, but CFD’s are liable for capital gains tax. So if you do profit from your CFD trading then you will need to account for that.

Spread-betting, on the other hand, is different. It is not liable for capital gains tax.

One other difference you will need to note is the countries in which you can open a spread betting or CFD account. Spread betting accounts are only available in the UK and Ireland while CFD accounts are available in the majority of countries. However, you can not trade CFD’s in the USA. 

Since you have already been explained the difference between the two concepts, I will probably share my experience with Bitcoin sports betting. Personally, only this method is the most suitable because of all the online venues that I have visited; this platform is the most convenient. However, if you want to find something new, this site will definitely be an exciting experience. In any case, sports betting is always a good idea to increase your capital or test your analysis skills.