AskTraders Trading Community

How much money do I need to become a day trader?

Marko Jovicic

Question

3 answers to this question

That depends on your trading style, what markets you would be trading in (equity, commodity, futures, options, or forex), and your return expectations. 

One simple rule I use. 

1. Know my strategy i.e., out of 10 trades how time I would win.  

2. The risk to reward ratio of my strategy.  If I win how much I win. 

3. My profit return expectations. 

Once you know these 3 things, you can use simple math, and figure out how much you would need to start with. 

Hey Marko,thanks for asking!

In order to become a day trader in the U.S., you are required to have at least $25,000 in your account and anything below this amount will keep you from day trading.

But on the other hand, it is not advisable to have the bare minimum of capital when starting and the recommended amount is about $30,000 as it gives you enough wiggle room, and enables you to endure losses easier than having less than recommended amount.

Another requirement that you will need to fulfill in order to be classified as a day trader is to make at least four trades per day and doing this will cause your account balance to be taken into consideration.

Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading at primecryptomarket has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a good trading company,  they gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $5000.00 and got back $50,500.00 within 5 days of investment. Their strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge. If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can visit their website primecryptomarket.c-o-m