Jump to content
  • 0

How is Forex taxed?


Michael Nigelson
 Share

Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi, thank you for posing this question! 

In the United States of America, Forex is taxed on a 60/40 basis, which means that 60% of gains or losses are counted as long-term capital gains or losses, while the other 40% is taxed as short-term capital gains or losses. 

 

This is favorable for Forex traders as the profit they make in one year is counted as short term, and they are taxed a maximum 37% of their gains, on the long-term basis this amount doesn’t exceed 15%.

 

There are also multiple benefits and other tax reliefs if you incur losses in your yearly summary, where all of these are counted as losses when being taxed, not only a portion of them.

 

It is important to file taxes properly, using a correct form, or you may encounter difficulties and penalties. If you are not sure how to do this, the safest bet is to pay companies or individuals that will file your taxes for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. To reply to this question, sign in or create a new account.

Guest
Reply to this question

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...