Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Nigelson

How is Forex taxed?


1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi, thank you for posing this question! 

In the United States of America, Forex is taxed on a 60/40 basis, which means that 60% of gains or losses are counted as long-term capital gains or losses, while the other 40% is taxed as short-term capital gains or losses. 


This is favorable for Forex traders as the profit they make in one year is counted as short term, and they are taxed a maximum 37% of their gains, on the long-term basis this amount doesn’t exceed 15%.


There are also multiple benefits and other tax reliefs if you incur losses in your yearly summary, where all of these are counted as losses when being taxed, not only a portion of them.


It is important to file taxes properly, using a correct form, or you may encounter difficulties and penalties. If you are not sure how to do this, the safest bet is to pay companies or individuals that will file your taxes for you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...