AskTraders Trading Community

What is hedging in Forex?

John Baldock

Question

7 answers to this question

Hedging is a term used to describe a strategy that protects traders from adverse movements in currencies such as the USD/CAD pair. A trader might have bought a position in CAD/USD and now wants to protect himself from the possibility that the value of the Canadian Dollar will fall. He can do this by selling some of the CAD/USD position in anticipation of the drop. This is called hedging because he has taken out insurance against the possibility of losing money.

Hedge in this case is to try to reduce potential losses. A good way to do this is to open a second trading account and set up a strategy to lock in profits so you are not trading with your money. You can do this automatically with a demo account since they allow you to trade with fake money, this way you do not risk capital. I typically close out the trade after making a 5-10% profit in whatever direction and then switching to the other side of the trade in my main account. If you are going to try hedging I suggest you do it on your first trade, this way you cut down on the amount of time you are exposed to risk in the market.

Edited by mkht4432

After l lost my job in September 2023, I started looking for investments to double my savings, so while I was researching I found some good information on bitcoin trad_ing/min_ing/inves_tments. I saw a post about Primecryptomarket. c/o/m and they are highly recommended by a lot of people on different bitcoin forums and blogs so visited their web_site and i was convinced and I  and after signing up with them, I make 100% prof_it daily Don’t be surprised yet! You could make a 100k weekly depending on how much you start with.

• Like 1

Have you ever thought of trading earning huge profit in crypto but you dont know how? look no further, i advice you to visit primecryptomarket.com , this is the platform where a lot of people have made millions in 2023. I and my husband has made 618,880 USD this year on their site

• Like 1

If you want to invest and earn profit in crypto, do not hesitate to visit primecryptomarket.com , i was first introduced to this platform by a colleague, since then i have made 309,650 USD, and I constantly make withdrawals so i strongly recommend it to anyone.

Have you ever tried to trade and failed? I recommend you to try primecryptomarket.c-o-m” this is the only trading site I can vouch for. They have really good AI trading bots. I have made over 700, 000 USD on their platform and I have withdrawn 15 times with ease.