AskTraders Trading Community

Trading for beginner, what to do?

victorsmith

Question

Hello everyone! just want to ask to those who are really pro in this trading industry due I just a newbie here.

May I know before I enter to this industry, what steps should I do? like is there any platforms that can guide me from zero to hero?

or is it from a demo account, I can learn how to read an indicator, etc? 

17 answers to this question

A crisp answer. 

Things you must know to trade (At the end, I have attached all the basic education materials you'll need.)

- Price Action: Observe price movements to learn what the charts are suggesting about momentum.

- Candlesticks

- Volumes

- Some common chart patterns.

Making of a Pro-trader

- Spend a lot of hours observing chart pattern. Observing how charts have behaved in different time frames, levels, and news.

- Create a strategy with a good risk-to-reward ratio (at least 1:2).

- Backtest that strategy on past price action, either manually or through algorithms.

- Focus on their best 1 or 2 strategies. They understand, fewer strategies means more focus.

- Be proficient in trading math, including probability, how much you can lose, and how much reward a strategy can generate to achieve desired returns.

- Mindset: Once they have observed a pattern, created a strategy around it, and backtested it, they trust it! Their entry, hold, and exit are based solely on the strategy, not emotions.

Things You can Do

Learn the basics of trading. You can either open an account or use Trading View to observe charts and try to interpret the story of momentum that the price action reveals. Develop a strategy based on your observations and perform some manual backtesting.

Once you have gained insights and feel confident, you can open a trading account (if you haven't already), deposit some money, and create a list of 10 stocks. Start by trading just 1 share for at least a week. This will help you understand how your strategy works and how your emotions and psychology come into play when you trade in live markets. As you start to see returns and feel more confident, you can gradually increase your position size.

Technical Analysis: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/technical-analysis/

Risk Management: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/risk-management/

Trading Guides: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/trading-guide/

Learn to trade stocks: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/stock-trading/

Trading Strategies: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/trading-strategies/

Trading Terminology: https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/trading-terminology/

Edited by Rishabh Tyagi
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:14 AM, victorsmith said:

Hello everyone! just want to ask to those who are really pro in this trading industry due I just a newbie here.

May I know before I enter to this industry, what steps should I do? like is there any platforms that can guide me from zero to hero?

I'm not a pro in this industry but alraeady trade for 4 months now... the first step u need to learn the basic trader especially the platfrom that u wnat to use.

u can ask their customer service or read all the guideline there... maybe u can choose some platform that offer u the demo account plus, they teach u from a-z...

7 hours ago, Rishabh Tyagi said:

A crisp answer. 

Things you must know to trade (At the end, I have attached all the basic education materials you'll need.)

- Price Action: Observe price movements to learn what the charts are suggesting about momentum.

- Candlesticks

- Volumes

- Some common chart patterns.

wuuuu that's a lot of things to take a look ya.

how about the leverage?

Does this industry really works? I've tried once and I lost quite big amount of money. But, I still wanna give a shot yet I am being sceptical on the progress too. 

21 hours ago, nickceddy said:

I'm not a pro in this industry but alraeady trade for 4 months now... the first step u need to learn the basic trader especially the platfrom that u wnat to use.

u can ask their customer service or read all the guideline there... maybe u can choose some platform that offer u the demo account plus, they teach u from a-z...

what platform are u using now? is it legit?

i'm not a pro trader but since you asked 

Have you heard about Lirunex? Fyi currently i’m using this broker. I just started jumped to live trading after i’ve practised risk-free trading with their demo account for couple of months. I could say the education, guideline they provide to me is very useful and helpful. 

23 minutes ago, adam said:

Have you heard about Lirunex? Fyi currently i’m using this broker. I just started jumped to live trading after i’ve practised risk-free trading with their demo account for couple of months. I could say the education, guideline they provide to me is very useful and helpful. 

Is it a regulated broker? It is important to use regulated broker to prevent us from getting scammed by the broker.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:01 AM, adam said:

i'm not a pro trader but since you asked 

no I never heard that broker before.. So far how it is goes? 

may I know if they have offer any promo like to buy their lot, how much is the price?

because I never trust to the unknown platform and need to aware to scammers

On 5/30/2023 at 11:25 AM, wangso said:

Is it a regulated broker? It is important to use regulated broker to prevent us from getting scammed by the broker.

It's regulated and authorised by CySEC. I don’t think this broker is a scammer, because it’s definitely legit and i’ve already withdraw my first profit without any hassle.

3 hours ago, victorsmith said:

no I never heard that broker before.. So far how it is goes? 

may I know if they have offer any promo like to buy their lot, how much is the price?

because I never trust to the unknown platform and need to aware to scammers

Actually i've already received my profit. Smooth withdrawal process. Oh btw, you're asking at the right time because they have on going gold promo reward, they are offering 10g gold bar with minimum deposit of $1500, 400 lot size.

17 hours ago, adam said:

Actually i've already received my profit. Smooth withdrawal process. Oh btw, you're asking at the right time because they have on going gold promo reward, they are offering 10g gold bar with minimum deposit of $1500, 400 lot size.

may I know the name of broker?

On 5/31/2023 at 6:12 PM, adam said:

Gold promo reward? Where can i read more about this, i'm interested with this promo. Who knows i might become one of the lucky winner to win the gold bar 😎

1 hour ago, wangso said:

Gold promo reward? Where can i read more about this, i'm interested with this promo. Who knows i might become one of the lucky winner to win the gold bar 😎

You can read more information on their website, just click under promo selection. You'll able to see the gold promo reward. But if youre planning to win, better to create an account now, because the promo will end on 30 June 2023.

26 minutes ago, adam said:

You can read more information on their website, just click under promo selection. You'll able to see the gold promo reward. But if youre planning to win, better to create an account now, because the promo will end on 30 June 2023.

ouhh I overlooked the broker name. will try to find out more on lrunex after dis. cant wait to started trading.

12 minutes ago, monsternlade said:

ouhh I overlooked the broker name. will try to find out more on lrunex after dis. cant wait to started trading.

yes u should ! I already trade there for 4 months now and totally satisfied with their service and easy to gained profits.

but need to know the market when u want to sell and buy. 

Have you tried trading cryptocurrency and got scammed, look no further, visit ‘primecryptomarket. c-o=m’, they provide the best trading system in 2024, my family has made 420 thousand Pounds on their website last year. They have the best trading bots you can find in the investment market.

Have you tried trading cryptocurrency and got scammed, look no further, visit ‘primecryptomarket. c-o=m’, they provide the best trading system in 2024, my family has made 420 thousand Pounds on their website last year. They have the best trading bots you can find in the investment market.