Sign in to follow this  
John Naronha

Why is Samsung Electronics delaying the media event on the eve of its newest smartphone launch?

Question

3 answers to this question

South Korean smartphone maker, Samsung Electronics delayed the media event of its newest smartphone, “Galaxy Fold,” ahead of a planned launch in the United States on April 26th after reports that samples of the foldable handset were defective. The negative reviews range from damage to the display, broken, bulging and blinking screens, all within a day of critics using the sample, bringing back memories of the Galaxy Note-7 which the company was forced to pull off the shelves three years back at a massive cost.

Reports of reviewers quickly went viral online, prompting the Twitter hashtag #foldgate, embarrassing the company further in what was hailed as a revelation in smartphone design since the launch of Apple’s iPhone in 2007.

After initially stating that its planned US launch will go ahead as scheduled, the company indefinitely postponed selling the handset after initial studies showed that the issue could be due to the impact on the exposed areas of the hinges. The company’s proposed launch of the latest innovation in smartphone technology in Europe, China and its own backyard from May onwards could also be delayed.

Mid-way through the day’s session on Tuesday, shares of Samsung Electronics (KRX: 005930) are edging lower again with losses of 0.40 percent after hitting the lowest this month earlier on in the day. The stock has ended in the negative for six straight sessions prior to April 23rd. Share prices of the smartphone’s parts supplier, KH Vatec Co Ltd. (KOSDAQ: 060720) was lower by 3.5 percent on Tuesday, extending its fall for the fourth session in a row.

Analysts believe the delay in the launch will not affect the balance sheet of the company and the drop in the company’s share prices could be momentary, but if the issue is not resolved quickly, it could damage Samsung’s reputation as an innovator rather than a follower. The smartphone is to be priced at around $2,000 apiece.

Posted (edited)

I have often been told about such festivals. My friends often go to such events and are constantly under a good impression. They said that in addition to the cool phones they really liked the way the event was decorated. Beautiful and bright decorations, large floodlights and a bright stage. My friend wanted a similar scene for his wedding. He found a similar scene and spotlights at https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/event-lighting-hire. My friend also took the big music columns from there. He really liked the way the event was decorated.

Edited by Lucas Martin