AskTraders Trading Community

Why is IKEA updating its app?

Dan Smith

Question

3 answers to this question

IKEA announced details surrounding its upcoming new app, which will let customers buy new furniture remotely by visualizing the products in the context of their own homes, without the need to visit IKEA stores. The largest home products retailer in the world is changing its business policy by letting the customers buy their new furniture online rather than going to suburban stores.

“It is a completely new experience. The app is combined with the store experience, with the online experience,” said Barbara Martin Coppola, the chief digital officer at IKEA.

At first, IKEA will launch the app in the Netherlands and France and later introduce it in its top eight markets - such as Germany, the United States, and China - by the end of 2019. The application will let customers see how their home would look with new IKEA furniture by entering room dimensions and choosing from various preferences.

I think getting updates for such apps is a great future for the user experience. For example, we used IKEA recently to shop online as the restrictions of the coronavirus have not given us enough confidence to get our car and go shopping. In addition, my wife is a diabetic, and to risk her getting an infection would be fatal. I also like how well they have enabled their app to show as an ad on every Facebook scroll I make. I found it interesting and learned that the way they do it is by using https://www.pangleglobal.com/ since they have an interesting approach to show the apps that users will primarily use.

Edited by Mira Kirkwood

3 minutes ago, Mira Kirkwood said:

I think getting updates for such apps is a great future for the user experience. For example, we used IKEA recently to shop online as the restrictions of the coronavirus have not given us enough confidence to get our car and go shopping. In addition, my wife is a diabetic, and to risk her getting an infection would be fatal. I also like how well they have enabled their app to show as an ad on every Facebook scroll I make. I found it interesting and learned that the way they do it is by using https://www.pangleglobal.com/ since they have an interesting approach to show the apps that users will primarily use.

Wow! I never knew that even IKEA had to use such a service. Thanks for sharing!