AskTraders Trading Community

Will Microsoft's updated Flight Simulator game appeal to gamers 3 decades later?

Lawrence McOchillo

Question

3 answers to this question

Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) recently announced that it was updating its Flight Simulator video game for the first time since 2006, much to the surprise of most gaming companies and fans.

The updated version of the game is set to hit the markets in 2020 and the tech giant has said that the game will support third-party content despite most developers being in the dark about the revamping process.

Most developers were disappointed that Microsoft did not consult them when creating the new version of the game as they would have loved to help the company create unique features that would appeal to current gamers.

Some analysts are concerned that the gaming market has changed significantly in the past few years and that Flight Simulator might miss the mark if it maintains its current format where a single flight could last for hours.

Industry experts also say that the new game will face stiff competition from other simulators such as Laminar Research’s X-Plane and Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D. It remains to be seen whether the world’s oldest video game (launched in 1982) will create a new legion of fans.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:04 AM, Kri Pos said:

You know, I'm not sure that all complex video editors are generally needed by someone who is going to blog on YouTube. You'd better look at articles on internet. I use it myself to create my videos, it is quite a neat online programs https://movavi.io/games-video-editor-en/

in general, this blog is very useful, check it out