A Quick Refresher on the History of Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin Cash does more than just share part of its name with the crypto-leader Bitcoin; it resulted from a hard fork. This hard fork took place relatively recently in the world of cryptocurrency, occurring on Aug. 1, 2017. As it was a hard fork, those who wanted to exchange their Bitcoin for Bitcoin Cash could do so at a one-to-one rate, meaning each Bitcoin held in a wallet supporting the fork became one Bitcoin Cash.
- Bitcoin Cash had become a necessary fork due to the limited block size and transaction speed of Bitcoin, which led to a bottleneck. This bottleneck not only slowed down transactions but also increased fees. Users within the community began suggesting a hard fork as a way to enhance the block size.
- It seemed that Bitcoin Cash had an OK level of success immediately following the fork, but BCH now has a much lower trading volume and price than Bitcoin. At the time of writing, Bitcoin Cash was valued at $829.82 USD with a market cap of 2,272,724 BTC. By contrast, one Bitcoin was worth $6,319.88 USD with a market cap of 17,091,225 BTC. As such, both the value and market cap of Bitcoin are significantly larger than Bitcoin Cash. Even so, Bitcoin Cash was ranked number 5 in terms of top trading volume within both the past 24 hours and the past month.
Viewing Charts on Exchanges vs. Informational or Analysis Websites
When it comes to the various websites that display live price charts for Bitcoin Cash to GBP and USD, there are two main categories. Many of these websites are actually found in a crypto broker comparison and offer the charts as tools for their traders. Another category would be the purely informational websites that offer live prices and charts to help those interested in tracking the progress of Bitcoin Cash or even using exchange websites.
For the most part, an exchange website will not require you to login or even register an account to use their charts, even with some of the advanced features available. As such, the average person interested in the Bitcoin Cash price compared to GBP and USD can visit a page with either type of chart. However, if you wish to trade BCH for GBP or USD immediately, you might want to view the charts on your chosen exchange since you will not have to open multiple browser tabs.
Those who regularly trade Bitcoin Cash or who want to keep a closer eye on it might wish to make an account on the charting website, whether it is an exchange, since this will typically allow you to save favorites. This way, you will not have to browse all the pairs to find BCH/GBP or BCH/USD.
Top 3 Crypto Broker Comparison
Understanding Candlestick, Line, and Depth Charts
- Candlestick charts are a type of OHLC (open-high-low-close) price chart, as they display the information from the acronym. Candlestick charts get their name from the form in which they show prices within a time period, a candle shape. The candle itself is either green or red to indicate an increase or decrease in BCH price, respectively, over the day. In the case of a green candlestick, the close price is at the top of the candle while the open price is at the bottom. This is reversed for red candlesticks. On either end of the candle, you will see a line or “wick” that indicates the highs and lows for the day.
- As mentioned, depth charts are typically found on cryptocurrency exchanges and show specific information regarding Bitcoin Cash orders to or from USD and GBP on that exchange. Essentially, they let you see how much Bitcoin Cash you can currently buy on the exchange at a given price. Most of the time, the information is displayed in a set of two line graphs, one for buy orders and the other for sell orders. Some exchanges will also show the information in bar graphs.
- Of the various Bitcoin Cash live price charts, line graphs are the simplest and likely the most popular. They choose a single figure to display for each point in time, typically the closing price of Bitcoin Cash. Once the points are plotted, they are connected by a curving line with ups and downs to create a visualization of recent price fluctuations.
Viewing Candlestick and Market Depth BCH Charts on CEX.io
One of the most popular options for viewing a Bitcoin Cash price live chart – Bitcoin Cash to GBP & USD is CEX.io. This is a well-respected cryptocurrency exchange that was established in 2013 in the form of the first cloud mining provider. You can view BCH price charts on CEX.io via its website or mobile app. It also has information on both BCH/USD and BCH/GBP. If you prefer, you could also view BCH with EUR or BTC.
CEX.io does not offer the most basic type of BCH price chart, a line graph, instead going right to the more useful candlestick charts. On CEX.io, as with most other candlestick charts, hovering over any point on the graph will show you the specific date and time along with each price (open, high, low, and close). You can adjust the time intervals for CEX.io charts to 1, 3, 5, 15, or 30 minutes or 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 hours. There is also the option of one or three days or one week. Below the graph, you will see the option to zoom in or out on the timeline to view more detail on the chart.
Since CEX.io is an exchange, it also offers a market depth chart, either as a bar graph or line graph. This lets you see how many buy and sell orders for Bitcoin Cash from either USD or GBP are in the orderbook at each price point.
Consult Several Chart Types for Bitcoin Cash on CryptoCompare
An option you will not find in a crypto broker comparison is CryptoCompare, which is not a broker. Instead, this platform has been showing up-to-date information on cryptocurrency prices, exchanges, market analysis, mining, wallets, and more since 2014. You can view the BCH/GBP pair or BCH/USD pair with your choice of chart. The default option is a line chart, with a volume chart immediately below it, something that shows CryptoCompare’s appeal to even beginner traders.
Those with more trading experience will find a candlestick chart, as well, giving you an additional option for reviewing recent Bitcoin Cash prices. CryptoCompare does not require you to create an account or log in to view either chart with intervals of one hour, day, week, or month. However, creating an account is suggested for traders who want more information. This opens the option of viewing chart intervals of three months, six months, and one year. Accounts are completely free at the time of writing and also let you follow specific cryptocurrency pairs, such as Bitcoin Cash.
CryptoCompare is an excellent option for those who want more advanced charts, as well, as it offers an “Advanced Chart” with your choice of line, candlestick, or OHLC. This Advanced Chart can be supplemented with indicators and social data and has tools like a drawing pencil for when you want to draw your own trend lines for interpretation. The website also offers a logarithmic chart, for technical analysis.
View a Line Graph of Bitcoin Cash Price on CoinGecko
For those who do not need advanced Bitcoin Cash price charts, CoinGecko is another good choice that is not an exchange and instead collects data on various cryptocurrencies. In addition to BCH to GBP and USD, you will find a total of 29 pairs on CoinGecko making it one of the best pages for information on this particular cryptocurrency.
The only downside of CoinGecko is that the website only offers a line chart, but it provides sufficient adjustments and other options for the average person. The default plot point for the line chart is price, but you can also view it with market cap as the vertical axis. Choose your time intervals from 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or Max. Hovering over any plot point will not only tell you the price of BCH at a specific time and date but also display the volume.
For added convenience, CoinGecko does more than just provide the viewing Bitcoin Cash price live chart – Bitcoin Cash to GBP & USD. It also includes such information as the current price, market cap, 24-hour trading volume, and 24-hour lows and highs at the top of the page, plus a calculator for converting between BCH and either GBP and USD. The right side of the page also has extremely useful information, including the all-time high (and date), price change since the all-time high, and price change in available intervals.
View Line or Logarithmic Price Charts on CoinMarketCap
Rounding out the list of websites with live Bitcoin Cash price charts to help with crypto trading strategies, you will find CoinMarketCap. This is among the most popular and respected websites for delivering live pricing information for nearly all cryptocurrencies. The website selects your region and currency by default, but you can change this in the top-right corner of the page to view charts in terms of USD, GBP, or another fiat currency.
Once on the Bitcoin Cash page in your selected fiat currency, you will see a line price graph, although you can switch to a logarithmic one if you prefer. At a glance, this line chart can be somewhat overwhelming because of the amount of information it displays. There are three lines plotted along the main graph, with an additional 24-hour volume graph immediately below. Those interested in the price of BCH in terms of USD or GBP will pay attention to the green line. If you want to see the price of BCH in BTC, look at orange. You can view the market cap in blue.
Each of the colored lines has its own vertical scale to the immediate right or left of the graph. As expected, you can also zoom the chart to one day, seven days, one month, three months, one year, year to date, or all.
Bitcoin Cash Price Chart Live – Bitcoin Cash to GBP & USD
With access to the right price charts, you are better equipped to make an educated decision when trading Bitcoin Cash for GBP or USD. Most websites will let you view either a line chart or a candlestick one, while some geared toward advanced traders offer additional chart types that can deliver different information. If you are unsure how to read the Bitcoin Cash price chart live – Bitcoin Cash to GBP & USD you choose, you can also supplement it with technical analysis from experts. Over time, you should develop the skills to make sense of the live prices listed on the BCH chart to determine when to buy or sell Bitcoin Cash. At the very least, being aware of some of the most popular Bitcoin Cash price charts ensures you know where to find the current statistics and recent values of BCH, informing your decision and bringing you into the world of cryptocurrency.