The first three branches were opened the following year in 1976. The company became a trendsetter in low pricing to the advantage of all consumers. At the same time, it maintained high standards in quality of goods and services.
Today, Uchumi Supermarket Plc is one of the largest commercial retailing companies in the country.
Presently John Karani is the chairperson of the company with Mohamed Mohamed as Chief Executive Officer.
Uchumi Supermarket Plc's equity stocks are for sale online on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) under the stock symbol UCHM.
Uchumi Supermarket Plc forms part of the Retail (Grocery) Industry and the Consumer Services Sector.
Uchumi Supermarket Plc Stock Performance
The current price for Uchumi Supermarket Plc stocks is 0.24 Kenyan Shilling (KES). The company has a total market capitalisation of 87.6M KES with a P/E ratio of -0.05 and earnings per share of -4.61 NES. A total of 365M shares are outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and consistent profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell Uchumi Supermarket Plc stocks can be assured of lucrative dividends and earnings in times to come.
According to an analysis on the live chart of Uchumi Supermarket Plc, analysts forecast further improved performance with market share growing as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of Uchumi Supermarket Plc in 2021
Uchumi Supermarket Plc started the year with a share price of 0.28 KES, and has since lost 14.3% in value on its price valuation, ranking 51st on the NSE where year-to-date performance is concerned.
Uchumi Supermarket Plc is currently the 18th most-traded stock on the NSE and it has experienced a total trading volume of more than 5.19 million shares, which were finalized in 719 deals and were valued at a total of 1.21 million KES over three months, with an average of 82,340 shares in each trading session.
The highest volume shares traded on one single day was 56,000.
How to buy Uchumi Supermarket Plc stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders' participation daily. To buy, sell or trade Uchumi Supermarket Plc stocks, traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “UCHM”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
- Review the broker's trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- You are now ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- You can further start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.