What is ARM Cement Plc
ARM Cement Plc is a Kenya-based company, engaged in the manufacture and sale of cement, mining and processing of industrial minerals and chemicals, trading in other building products and the sale of fertilizers. It has operations in Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa and Rwanda.
The Company produces a range of industrial mineral products for use in the manufacturing industry. ARM Cement Plc also manufactures sodium silicate, which is used in manufacture of soaps and detergents, and as a flocculent in water treatment. The brands include RX3, RX4, RX4S, RX5, Rhinofix and Rhino Lime.
The history of ARM Cement Plc started in 1974 when the company was founded by the late Harjivandas J. Paunrana as a producer of agricultural lime. Today, his son, Pradeep Paunrana, is the Managing Director and CEO of the company.
The company has factories in Mombasa and Athi River, where their first cement factory was established in 1994. Cement production at Athi River began in 1996.
In July 2014, ARM Cement acquired the remaining 65% interest in Rwandese company Kigali Cement.
Today, ARM Cement Plc has a diversified portfolio in more sectors of the value chain and renders the following services, namely Cement and lime, and Other products. Its subsidiaries include:
- ARM (Tanzania) Limited, which is engaged in extraction and processing of limestone
- ARMSA (Pty) Limited, which is engaged in manufacturing of silicate liquid
- Maweni Limestone Limited, which is engaged in manufacturing of cement
- Kigali Cement Company Limited.
The Company’s brands include Rhino Cement and Mavuno Fertilizers.
ARM Cement Plc’s equity stocks are for sale online on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) under the stock symbol ARM.
ARM Cement Plc has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
ARM Cement Plc forms part of the Construction – Raw Materials Industry and the Industrials Sector.
ARM Cement Plc Stock Performance
There is no current price for ARM Cement Plc stocks, however the last indication of price for stocks is 5.55 Kenyan Shilling (KES) according to financial statements of 2018. The company then had a total market capitalisation of 0 KES with a P/E ratio of -0.81 and earnings per share of -6.83 KES. A total of 960 shares were outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and consistent profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell ARM Cement Plc stocks cannot be assured of lucrative dividends and earnings in times to come.
No analysis on the live chart of ARM Cement Plc, or analysts forecast could be found to further state whether the company has improved performance and if market share will grow as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of ARM Cement Plc in 2021
There is no indication of what the share price was that ARM Cement Plc started the year 2021 with. There is also no indication if it has gained a percentage in value on its price valuation. In addition, it is not clear where the company ranks on the NSE as far as the year-to-date performance is concerned.
ARM Cement Plc is not currently the most-traded stock on the NSE and no information could be found of the total trading volume of any shares, or if it was finalized in a number of deals.
The last recording of any trading was done in 2018 in August when trading closed at 5.50 KES per share, which at that date recording a 7.8% gain over its previous closing price of 5.10 KES.
The highest volume shares traded on one single day in 2018 was 1,840,000.
How to buy ARM Cement Plc stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders’ participation daily. To buy, sell or trade ARM Cement Plc stocks, traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “ARM”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
- Review the broker’s trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- You are now ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- You can further start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.