The history of Safaricom Plc started in 1997 and it was the first company in Kenya to possess 3G Internet technology with recent success of 4G / LTE connectivity currently in all major Kenyan cities.
In March 2021, Safaricom Plc became the second network operator in Africa after Vodacom to launch a live 5G network, initially available in Nairobi, Kisumu, Kakamega and Kisi.
Today, Safaricom Plc has a diversified portfolio in more sectors of the value chain and renders the following services:
- Voice services which include national and international roaming services, offering mobile handsets, mobile broadband modems, routers, tablets and notebooks.
- Converged business solutions include fixed voice service for corporate and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), mobile solutions and fixed data for homes and businesses using fixed lease lines, and Internet solutions for enterprises and hosted services, such as cloud hosting, domains and security services. The Company also offers bill payment, bulk payments and dividend payments.
Safaricom Plc's equity stocks are for sale online on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) under the stock symbol SCOM.
Safaricom Plc has its headquarters at Safaricom House in Nairobi, Kenya.
Safaricom Plc forms part of the Communications Services Industry and the Telecommunications Sector.
Safaricom Plc Stock Performance
The current price for Safaricom Plc stocks is 37.55 Kenyan Shilling (KES). The company has a total market capitalisation of 1.5T KES with a P/E ratio of 21.96 and earnings per share of 1.71 KES. A total of 40.1B shares are outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and consistent profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell Safaricom Plc stocks can be assured of lucrative dividends and earnings in times to come.
According to an analysis on the live chart of Safaricom Plc, analysts forecast further improved performance with market share growing as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of Safaricom Plc in 2021
Safaricom Plc started the year with a share price of 34.25 KES, and it has gained 9.64% in value on its price valuation, ranking 12th on the NSE where year-to-date performance is concerned.
Safaricom Plc is currently the no 1 most-traded stock on the NSE and it has experienced a total trading volume of more than 380 million shares, which were finalized in 14,731 deals and were valued at a total of 15.9 billion KES over three months, with an average of 6.03 shares in each trading session.
The highest volume shares traded on one single day was 22.2 million.
How to buy Safaricom Plc stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders' participation daily. To buy, sell or trade Safaricom Plc stocks, traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “SCOM”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
- Review the broker's trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- You are now ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- You can further start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.