Kenya Power and Lighting Company Plc Stock Performance
The current price for Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord stocks on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is 1.69 Kenyan Shilling (KES).
KPLC stocks closed a recent trading day (22 October 2021) at 1.69 KES per share on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), experiencing a 0.6% drop from its previous closing price of 1.70 KES.
An analysis of financial data of Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord showed that the company has a total market capitalisation of 3.3 Billion KES, with a Price/Earning ratio of -3.52 and earnings per share of -0.48 KES. A total of 1.95 Billion shares were outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and reliable profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord stocks can look forward to more profitable dividends and earnings in times to come.
According to an analysis on the live chart of Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord, analysts forecast further improved performance for the Utilities sector with market share growing as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord in 2021
Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord started the current financial year (2021) with a share price of 1.71 Kenyan Shilling (KES) on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), and it has lost 1.17 % in value on its price valuation, ranking 38th on the NSE where its year-to-date performance is concerned.
Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord is currently the second most-traded stock on the NSE and it has experienced a total trading volume of more than 93 million shares, which were finalised in 3,899 deals and were valued at a total of 141 million Kenyan Shilling (KES) over the recent three month period from July to October 2021, with an average of 1.48 million shares in each trading session.
During the same period a volume high of 24.4 million was achieved on 12 August and a low of 46,100 on 23 August.
How to buy Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders participating daily. To buy, sell or trade Kenya Power & Lighting Co Plc Ord stocks on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “KPLC”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
- Review the broker's trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- Once your account has been activated, you are ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- From here you can start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.