MTN Group Limited's equity stocks are for sale online on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol MTN.
MTN Group Limited has its headquarters at 216 – 14th Avenue, Fairland, Roodepoort, 2195.
MTN Group Limited has more than 19 200 employees.
The company currently serves customers across South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Uganda, Syria and Sudan. The majority of the company's revenue is earned through South Africa and Nigeria.
The current CEO of MTN Group Limited is Ralph Mupita.
MTN Group Limited forms part of the Mobile Telecommunications Industry and the Telecommunications Sector of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
MTN Group Limited Stock Performance
The most recent or current price for MTN Group Limited stocks on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) was 162.68 ZAR at the time of writing.
An analysis of financial data of MTN Group Limited showed that the company has a total market capitalisation of 307 Billion ZAR, with a Price/Earning ratio of 23.04 and earnings per share of 7.06 ZAR. A total of 1.88 Billion shares were outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and reliable profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell MTN Group Limited stocks can be hopeful for lucrative dividends and earnings in times to come.
According to an analysis on the live chart of MTN Group Limited, analysts forecast a possible further improved performance for the Telecommunications sector with market share growing as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of MTN Group Limited in 2021
MTN Group Limited started the current financial year (2021) with a share price of 60.19 ZAR on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), and it has gained 170 % in value on its price valuation, ranking 12th on the JSE with its year-to-date performance.
MTN Group Limited is currently the 11th most-traded stock on the JSE and it has experienced a total trading volume of more than 328 million shares, which were finalised in 544,851 deals and were valued at a total of 47.7 billion ZAR over a recent three month period from September to December 2021, with an average of 5.2 million shares in each trading session.
During the same period a volume high of 18.7 million was achieved on September 17 and a low of 1.68 million on October 22.
How to buy MTN Group Limited stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders' participating daily. To buy, sell or trade MTN Group Limited stocks on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “MTN”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
- Review the broker's trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- You are now ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- You can further start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.