Many people are aware of the forceful Bitcoin rally seen back in late 2017 up to the December 2017 record high.
But many are also aware that this market can be quite volatile, although the long-term trend remains higher. During the surge higher in 2017, many potential investors found it somewhat tricky to open accounts easily and invest in Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency markets. Also, if you wanted to access the market by a CFD (Contract for Difference), it often meant leverage, which in basic terms means taking extra risks. So, what if you want to actually buy, own and hold Bitcoin, for a longer-term investment, without any extra risks that “leverage” can bring?
How do you do it?
Well eToro have looked at this and come up with a solution that is for the longer-term Bitcoin investor.
Here we shall look at how you can set up an eToro account that allows you to buy and own the REAL asset, that is Bitcoin, in an easy and affordable way for the long-term.
Note: Cryptoassets are highly volatile unregulated investment products. No EU investor protection or regulation. Your capital is at risk.
So, what do I do next?
Simply follow these simple steps:
- Open eToro account
- Fill in the simple form; name, phone number and email and create a Username and Password
- Read the eToro T&Cs and Risk Disclosure too
- Once registered, log in
- Deposit funds via the various ways including; Credit Card, PayPal, Wire Transfer as well as many other ways too
- The minimum deposit at eToro is £250
- Click on the Bitcoin icon in the eToro watchlist or search for bitcoin
- Maybe take a look at the chart
- Click Trade
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin you want to invest in terms of US$, with a minimum of just $25
- The leverage with eToro is x1, so that is NO leverage at all, no extra risks
- Enter the trade
- Within 12 days complete the verification process, which requires proof of identity and proof of address
- Monitor your Bitcoin investment in your account on the site or via the eToro App
- And if you have any problems or questions, the always helpful eToro Customer Service team will be there to help out on phone, email or via Live Chat
And that is it, with eToro it is as easy as ABC!
We wish you well with your investment in Bitcoin.
PEOPLE WHO READ THIS ALSO VIEWED:
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 71% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results.
Cryptoassets are volatile instruments which can fluctuate widely in a very short timeframe and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Other than via CFDs, trading cryptoassets is unregulated and therefore is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.