As it happens:
US Markets Close
- Dow Jones +0.12% 27,931
- S&P 500 -0.04% 3,372
- Nasdaq -0.21% 11,019
Have a great weekend all!
Facebook has said that Apple has dismissed the company’s request to reduce its 30% app store tax or allow the company to offer Facebook Pay.
Apple and now Google have removed Fortnite from their app stores after the game implemented its own in-app payments to bypass paying Apple a 30% cut of the revenue.
Party City HoldCo
Party City HoldCo shares are trading 33% higher at $2.71.
We are yet to see any stock-specific news.
US Equities Update
- Dow Jones +0.22%
- S&P 500 +0.06%
- Nasdaq -0.28%
MobilityOne Shares are up 7.69% at 14p per share as we approach the close.
So far we are yet to see any stock-specific news.
- Dow Jones -0.39% 27,788
- S&P 500 -0.15% 3,368
- Nasdaq +0.08% 11,051
Taiwan Liposome Company Shares Surge
Taiwan Liposome Company shares rose as high as 100% after an earlier press release highlighted the submission of an investigational new drug application for TLC19 inhalable liposomal hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus infection.
Its share price is currently trading at $9.77, up 92%
European Equities Lunchtime Update
- FTSE 100 -1.59%
- DAX -1.03%
- EURO STOXX 50 -1.38%
Tesla Share Price Rises
Tesla’s share price is up 1.48% premarket after Morgan Stanley upgrades the stock to Equal-Weight, raising its price target to $1360.
European Airline Stocks Plummet
Airlines aren’t having the best of day’s so far after the UK added France, Holland, and Malta to its quarantine list…
Deutsche Lufthansa -3%
European Market Movers
Verona Pharma +33%
Legal & General -1%
Open Orphan -2%
Dart Group -4%
- FTSE 100 -0.97% 6,125
- DAX -0.51% 12,927
- EURO STOXX 50 -0.82% 3,314
- Asian markets traded mostly higher overnight with the ASX closing at +0.58% and the Nikkei closing up by 0.17%.
- China’s retail sales and industrial production data came in lower than expected.
- RBA Gov Lowe said he doesn’t see growth lifting until Q4. He also said that he is not ruling out negative rates, but that it is extraordinarily unlikely and an increase might not be met for at least three years.
- Yesterday evening saw Apple pull Epic Games’ Fortnite from its app store as its payment system circumvents Apple fees.
- Looking at today’s calendar we have eurozone GDP and employment data, US retail sales, and US manufacturing production.
- Companies on the earnings calendar include Draft Kings, Ocugen, Remark Holdings, Verona Pharma, Neonode, and PLX Pharma.