As it happens:
US Markets Close
- Dow Jones +1.05% 27,976
- S&P 500 +1.37% 3,388
- Nasdaq +2.13% 11,012
Tesla shares closed 13% higher…
That’s all from me for today, have a good evening all!
India Globalization Capital Share Price
Has anyone taken a look at IGC shares today?
Its stock price is up over 200%, trading at $2.04 per share.
Here is the full story on the move: IGC STOCK SOARS OVER 200% AFTER FDA APPROVAL
Tesla Stock Surges
Tesla’s share price is up 15% at $1577.68 today…
As I’m sure you are all aware, the surge in its share price has come after the company announced a 5:1 stock split.
US Stock Performance
US stocks are performing well…
The Nasdaq is now up 2% as tech stocks rebound following Tuesday’s selloff.
European Equities Close
- FTSE 100 +2.11% 6,284
- DAX +0.83% 13,054
- EURO STOXX 50 +0.97% 3,364
Qualcomm All-Time Highs
Qualcomm is up 4% today, trading at $113, back up at all-time highs.
QUALCOMM SHARE PRICE SURGES AFTER HMD INVESTMENT WITH GOOGLE & NOKIA
US Stimulus Bill
White House Speaker Pelosi says ‘we’re miles apart’ on any deal.
Boxlight (BOXL) Shares
Boxlight shares are trading 22% higher at $2.48 after the company announced a strategic partnership with Samsung for the US education market.
Moderna shares are trading over 3% higher at $71.05 after the company announced it has secured a $1.5 billion supply agreement with the US Government for 100 million doses of its mRNA vaccines against the coronavirus.
US Equities First Look
- Dow Jones +0.81% 27,910
- S&P 500 +0.97% 3,366
- Nasdaq +1.35% 10,926
European Equities Lunchtime Update
- FTSE 100 +1.25%
- DAX -0.02%
- EURO STOXX 50 +0.32%
Avast Shares Plummet
Shares in cybersecurity firm Avast have plummeted despite a strong first-half performance.
Its shares are trading at 561p, -6.50%.
In its report the company said it had:
- Strong overall performance in line with expectations
- Adjusted Revenue at $433.1m up 1.5% at actual rates, with organic growth of 6.6%
- Adjusted fully diluted earnings per share (‘EPS’) up 11.8% to $0.16 (versus $0.15 at HY 2019)
- Final dividend in respect of 2019 paid in June 2020 of 10.3 cents per share; total dividend for the year of 14.7 cents per share, up 8.1%3. Declared interim dividend payable in October 2020 of 4.8 cents per share, up 9.1%
M&G Plc shares have jumped nearly 4% to 180.10p per share despite reporting its pre-tax profits had fallen by more than half in the first six months of the year.
European Stock Movers
Sunrise Communications +25%
Horizonte Minerals +23%
Westwing Group +9%
SDL Plc +7%
Mitchells & Butlers (MAB)
Mitchells & Butlers share price has fallen over 1% so far, down to 180.6.
We are yet to see any stock-specific news.
- FTSE 100 +0.61% 6,191
- DAX -0.03% 12,942
- EURO STOXX 50 +0.21% 3,339
- Asia-Pacific markets traded lower following Wall Streets down day yesterday.
- Spot gold continued to sell-off, reaching as low as $1862, over $200 below its 6th of August high. Silver also fell over 3%.
- The RBNZ kept rates on hold.
- US Senator Kamala Harris has been picked as Joe Biden’s running mate.
- In data released this morning, UK GDP fell by 20.4%, confirming a recession, although it looks to have already been priced in when looking at GBPUSD.
- On the rest of today’s calendar, we have European industrial production, and US inflation data.
- On the earnings calendar, we have names such as Cisco, Lyft, Arcos Dorados, Applied Industrial Technologies, and Brinker International.