Not only did the fleet transport produce and merchandise, but the river craft also carried cash. John Holt Plc had strong rooms where banks did not exist and even after banks were established in the area, many Nigerians preferred to deposit their cash with John Holt Plc.
Originally the company was named John Holt Plc & Company (Liverpool) Limited when it was established in 1897. When it opened offices in Nigeria in 1961 the name changed to John Holt Plc Limited.
It became a public company and was quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in May, 1974.
Today, John Holt Plc has a diversified portfolio in more sectors of the value chain and renders the following services:
- Technical Products and Leasing services which include John Holt Plc Engineering, John Holt Plc Cooling, Fire Safety Solutions, Independent Power Plants, and Assemblies and fabrication.
- John Holt Plc Properties
- John Holt Plc Shipping Services
- John Holt Plc Construction Ltd
- John Holt Plc Exports and Processing
John Holt Plc's equity stocks are for sale online on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX) under the stock symbol JOHNHOLT.
John Holt Plc has its headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria.
John Holt Plc forms part of the Recreational Products Industry and the Industrials Sector.
John Holt Plc Stock Performance
The current price for John Holt Plc stocks is 0.72 Nigerian Naira (NGN). The company has a total market capitalisation of 280M NGN with a P/E ratio of 0.79 and earnings per share of 0.91 NGN. A total of 389M shares are outstanding.
With an increase of earnings per share and consistent profits over a period, investors who want to buy or sell John Holt Plc stocks can be assured of lucrative dividends and earnings in times to come.
According to an analysis on the live chart of John Holt Plc, analysts forecast further improved performance with market share growing as trading volumes increase.
Highlights of John Holt Plc in 2021
John Holt Plc started the year with a share price of 0.51 NGN, and it has gained 41.2 % in value on its price valuation, ranking 30th on the NGX where year-to-date performance is concerned.
John Holt Plc is currently the 112th most-traded stock on the NGX and it has experienced a total trading volume of more than 431,248 shares, which were finalized in 73 deals and were valued at a total of 291,921 NGN over three months, with an average of 6,845 shares in each trading session.
The highest volume shares traded on one single day was 94,080.
How to buy John Holt Plc stocks – Step by Step
The stock market is one of the most attractive financial markets that sees millions of retail investors and traders' participation daily. To buy, sell or trade John Holt Plc stocks, traders and investors can follow a few simple steps:
- Find the share that you want to buy, in this case, “JOHNHOLT”.
- Select a forex broker that offers access to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX).
- Review the broker's trading conditions, fees, deposit and withdrawal methods, trading platform, customer support, regulation, and other components to ensure that they are aligned with your trading plan.
- Open a live trading account with the broker by completing the online application form and providing the necessary documentation to verify the trading account.
- You are now ready to make your first share purchase through the broker.
- You can further start to build and diversify your portfolio by buying more shares.